- Application Form means the application/order form relating to the provision of the Services in the form provided by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd from time to time incorporating these terms and conditions.
- Associated Company means any subsidiary or holding company of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or other associated company as defined by Sections 736 and 736A of the Companies ACT 1985.
- Authorised Person means a Director or authorised signatory of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS.
- Account Number means the account opened by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd in the name of the Customer upon creation of the Contract and relating to the Services.
- Customer means a person, company, body corporate or other entity or association whatsoever or howsoever whose Application Form is accepted by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd and for whom CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd has opened an Account Number.
- Contract means the contract governed by these terms and conditions made between CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd and the Customer created upon acceptance by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd of the Customers’ Application Form and evidenced by the opening of an Account Number. The Agreement becomes effective when signed by a Director or authorised signatory of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Equipment means any equipment supplied by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd.
- Additional Provisions means any Terms additional to those outlined within the Terms of this Agreement as evidenced on the Application Form.
- Least Cost Routing means programming present on a telephone system which automatically enables the routing of calls via different telephone operators.
- Minimum Term means the minimum duration of this Contract, which unless otherwise expressly stated on the Application Form shall be 24 months from the date the Customer first starts to receive the Services.
- Services means re-routing the Customer’s telecommunications including without limitation all calls, lines and data traffic over the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network and any additional Services as outlined on the Application Form and provided under the terms of this Agreement.
- Services Literature means CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s literature specific to the Services and other associated services existing from time to time.
- User means the Customer and any individual or company utilising the Services provided to the Customer under the Terms of this Agreement.
1.14 “CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS ” means Concept Data Services Ltd of The Bromley Centre, Bromley Road, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 1PT.
- THE SERVICES
- a) The Customer shall complete, sign and return to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd an Application Form prior to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd agreeing to provide the Services. b) Where the Customer has Least Cost Routing in use at its premises, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd will, if necessary, and at its sole discretion, reprogram it in order to provide the Services.
- c) Where the Customer does not have Least Cost Routing available for use at its premises, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd will, if necessary, and at its sole discretion arrange for the Customers telephone system to be programmed in order to provide the Services.
- d) CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall use all the reasonable care and skill of a competent telecommunications provider to provide the Customer with the Services throughout the term of the Contract.
- e) CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall be at liberty, where necessary, to improve, update or upgrade the Services or alter the provision of the Services without any notice to the Customer.
- The Customer undertakes to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd that:
- a) for the duration of the Minimum Term it will route all its inbound, non-geographic and outbound calls (including without limitation all its voice, fax and data traffic) via CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd on an exclusive basis. For the avoidance of doubt the Customer acknowledges and accepts that during the Minimum Term it shall not use any services offered by a third party which are competitive with or substantially similar
to the Services. In the event of any breach by the Customer of this Condition 2.2
- a) the terms of Condition 4.11 shall apply;
- b) the Services and the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network will only be used in accordance with the Contract;
- c) only the Customer and Users shall use the Services and the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network and no other person shall be suffered or permitted to use the same;
- d) upon the termination of the Contract:
(i) no attempt shall be made to make calls via the Services or otherwise to use the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network and;
- e) the Services Literature and any other instructions regarding the use of the Services and the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network as may be notified to the Customer by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd
from time to time shall be complied with promptly and such literature and instructions shall be deemed to form part of the Contract.
- The Customer agrees that at all times during the term of the Contract it shall:
- a) provide access to all appropriate sites for any Authorised Persons during the Customer’s normal working hours;
- b) keep its telecommunications equipment in good working order and ensure that the equipment complies with all applicable standards and approvals so as to enable CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd to provide the Services;
- c) provide all reasonable assistance required by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd to enable it to provide the Services;
- d) inform CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd by one month’s prior notice in writing of any premises relocation or change of telephone number(s) on which the Services are registered;
- e) provide a safe working environment for Authorised Persons working on the Customer’s premises;
- f) Indemnify CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd fully against all losses, liabilities, costs (including without limitation legal costs) and expenses which CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may incur as a result of any breach of the Customers obligations under the Contract or misuse of the Services or the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network;
- g) pay CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd (at its then current published rates) for all call-out visits required from CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd where CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd determines the problem with the Services or the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network is not the fault of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd;
- The Customer undertakes to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd to ensure that the Services and the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network are not used:-
- a) for the transmission of any material which is intended to be a hoax call to emergency services or is of a defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or menacing character; or
- b) fraudulently or in connection with a criminal offence; or
- c) otherwise in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or
- d) otherwise than for the purpose of a telecommunications system.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s RIGHTS
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall be entitled to alter any access or authorisation number or method of accessing the Services from time to time and may reprogram the Customer’s equipment as a result.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may suspend the Services to the Customer at its sole discretion including but not limited to the following:-
- a) in the interests of the quality of the Services or the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network;
- b) if any credit limit agreed between CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd and the Customer from time to time is exceeded;
- c) if any term of the Contract is breached (including, without limitation, in the event of a failure to make any payment or provide any deposit required to be made or provided under the Contract);
- d) in order to comply with an order, instruction or request of any government, emergency service organisation or other competent authority; or
- e) if fraud or attempted fraud is suspected by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd (in its reasonable opinion) in connection with the use of the Services or the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network.
- f) if in CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s reasonable opinion it suspects the Customer is offering to resell the Services to any third party.
3.3 CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may collect and store data and information about the Customer and its use of the Services and provide this information to companies affiliated with CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd including without limitation any Associated Company and (ii) third parties.
3.4 CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd reserve the right to review and terminate the contract after 24 months.
- CHARGES AND PAYMENTS FOR THE SERVICES
- All sums due to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd under the Contract shall become due on the date of the relevant invoice and are payable within 14 days (including week-ends and bank holidays) of the date of the relevant invoice. Unless otherwise stated, any rental or recurring charges are invoiced monthly in advance and call charges and any ad hoc maintenance or similar charges are invoiced monthly in arrears which will begin on the date on which the Service becomes operational. Charges will be based on CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s records
- In the event of any error or omission in a CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd invoice for any period, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may issue a corrective invoice at a later date.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment within the 14 day period following the date of the relevant invoice, without prejudice to its other rights hereunder, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall have the right to require the Customer to pay all sums due on demand.
- Time of payment of all sums due to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd under the Contract shall be of the essence.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd reserves the right to amend its charges for the Services from time to time.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall use its best endeavours to bring to the attention of the Customer any variation in prices prior to their implementation.
- Without prejudice to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s rights to treat the non-payment as a material breach of the Contract, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on outstanding amounts from the due date until payment is received in full at a rate equal to 4% per annum above the Lloyds TSB Bank plc base lending rate as current from time to time whether before or after judgement. Interest shall continue to accrue notwithstanding termination of the Contract for any cause whatsoever and is deemed to accrue on a day to day basis from and including the date for payment under Condition 4.1.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd reserves the right to charge for administrative costs incurred by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd in pursuing late payers.
- All sums due to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd under the Contract are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT), and any other applicable taxes, levies or charges which may from time to time be introduced.
- The Customer shall be liable for all charges arising from use of the Services by any person utilising the Customer’s registered Services telephone number(s) (with or without Customer’s authorisation);
- In the event of the Customer obtaining any services from a
third party which are competitive with or substantially similar to the Services during the Minimum Term or if there has been a material breach of the Contract, the Customer accepts that CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall be entitled to invoice the Customer an amount equal to:
- the average of the monthly amounts invoiced by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd to the Customer prior to the breach by the Customer of Condition 2.2(a) multiplied by the number of months contractually remaining prior to the expiry of the Agreement as laid out in Clause 1.11 and 2.2(a).
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd EQUIPMENT
5.1 The Customer shall provide without charge or cost to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd appropriate equipment space, ducting, environment and continuous stable electrical power to install and maintain any equipment CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may require to provide the Services.
5.2 It is deemed that title to any CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd equipment shall remain with CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd and whilst the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd equipment is on the Customer’s premises, the Customer shall ensure that it is kept safe, secure and fully insured and is not interfered with by any person.
5.3 Upon termination of the Contract, the Customer will ensure that CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd is allowed prompt access to all relevant premises to remove the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd equipment.
5.4 On termination of this Agreement, the Customer must return all equipment supplied by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd within 14 days and in good working order. If the Customer fails in this respect, they will be liable
for any costs CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd incur in recovering the equipment. If CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd are prevented from recovering the equipment, or if the Customer fail to return it to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd, the Customer will be liable to pay to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd on demand a reasonable sum commensurate with the value of the equipment.
6.1 The Contract may be terminated by either CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or the Customer at any time by giving 90 days prior written notice prior to any anniversary of the Agreement. The anniversary of this Agreement occurs annually from the date Services were first supplied to the Customer until 90 days prior written notice prior to the next anniversary of this Agreement is received in accordance with Clause 14.
6.1 The Client and CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd agree that the Contract shall automatically be renewed for a further 12 month Minimum Term on each successive anniversary where notice to terminate hasn’t been served;
6.2 If neither CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd nor the Customer provide notice to terminate in accordance with Condition.
6.3 CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd (without prejudice to its other rights) may terminate the Contract forthwith in the event that:
- the Customer fails to make any payment when it becomes due to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or shall default in due performance or observance of any obligation under the Contract or any other contract with CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or an Associated Company and (in the case of remedial breach) fails to remedy the breach within a reasonable time specified by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd in its written notice so to do; or
- an interim order is made, or a voluntary arrangement approved, or
if a petition for a bankruptcy order is presented or a bankruptcy order is made against the Customer or if any circumstances arise which entitle the court or a creditor to appoint a receiver, administrative receiver or administrator or to present a winding-up petition or make a winding-up order.
- The terms of this Contract shall continue to bind the parties hereto to such extent and for so long as may be necessary to give effect to the rights and obligations embodied in it including without limitation Conditions 2.2, 4, 7 and 8.
6.5 If the Contract is terminated by either party hereto, the Customer shall:
- a) pay to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd all arrears of charges, termination fees as laid out in Clause 4.11 and any interest payable under the Contract and;
- b) return to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd all equipment owned or provided by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd and/or allow CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or its Agent access forthwith to the Customer’s premises for the removal of any CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd equipment and pay any reasonable charges CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may have incurred in so doing;
- c) undertake and comply with the provisions of Condition 2.2(d); and d) cease being provided the Services and have no right to use the same.
- The Customer and any User shall at all times keep confidential the terms of this Contract and all matters relating to the Services, and shall not disclose the same to any third party without the prior written consent of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd.
- The confidentiality obligations set out in Condition 7.1 shall survive the termination of the Contract.
- Nothing in the Agreement shall prevent CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd disclosing any of the Customer’s confidential information to a Service Provider’s employees, subcontractors, advisers and other consultants on a „need to know‟ basis provided those persons are aware of the confidential nature of the information.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The following provisions set out CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s entire liability (including any liability for the acts and omissions of its directors, officers, employees, agents or sub-contractors) to the Customer in respect of:
- a) any breach of its contractual obligations arising under this Contract;
- b) any representation statement or tortuous act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with this Contract.
- Any act or omission on the part of CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or their directors, officers, employees agents or sub-contractors falling within Condition shall for the purposes of this Condition 8 be known as an “Event of Default”.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s liability to the Customer for the tort of deceit and for death or injury resulting from their own or that of their directors, officers, employees, agents or sub-contractors negligence shall not be limited.
- Subject to the provisions of condition, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s entire liability in respect of any event of default shall be limited to damages not exceeding the sums paid by the customer to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd for the services pursuant to this Agreement in the preceding twelve month period in the case of a single event of default and twice the sums paid by the customer to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd for the services pursuant to this Agreement in the preceding twelve month period in the case of all events of default or series of connected events of default occurring in any twelve month period.
- Subject to Condition 8.3, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer in respect of any Event of Default for loss of profits, goodwill, contracts, opportunity or any other type of special, indirect or consequential loss whatsoever or howsoever even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd had been advised of the possibility of the Customer incurring the same.
- If a number of Events of Default give rise substantially to the same loss then they shall be regarded as giving rise to only one claim under the Contract.
- Except in the case of an Event of Default arising under Condition 8.3, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall have no liability to the Customer in respect of any Event of Default unless the Customer shall have served notice of the same upon CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd within six months of the date the Customer became aware of the circumstances giving rise to the Event of Default or the date when it ought reasonably to have become so aware.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall not be responsible for complying with statutory regulations, or local by-laws, or the fulfilment of any special regulations affecting the Customer.
- Save as set out in Condition 8.3, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall have no liability under this Contract of the acts and omissions of other public telecommunication operators or the breakdown total or partial of the CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Network or any other network.
- To the extent that all or any part of the Services are faulty, unavailable or interrupted, the Customers sole and exclusive remedy shall be to be compensation in accordance with compensation schemes that may be introduced from time to time by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall not be liable for faults in the Customer’s telecommunications equipment which result in CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd being unable to provide the Services.
- Dates and terms for provisions of the Services shall be estimates only and no liability shall accrue to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd for failure to meet any such dates or times. CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss due to programming errors or omissions made by any person..
- In the event of any failure in the Services, CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer for any charges incurred by the Customer should it direct its Services to another carrier.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd reserves the right not to provide the Services due to any technical limitation in the Customer’s telephone system, telephone exchange or CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd Access Equipment.
- The obligations set out in this Condition 8 as to limitations sof liability shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding the expiration or any termination of this Contract for any reason whatsoever.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd may at any time before or after the provision of the Services require payment by the Customer in a manner specified by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd of a sum to be held by way of a deposit as and against any charges arising from use of the Services by the Customer and CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall be entitled to offset such deposit against any sums due under this Contract from time to time including interest due or owing to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd pursuant to Condition 4.7.
- Any deposit held by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd will not accrue interest whatsoever although any deposit (or part thereof) which is held by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd for over one year and which is subsequently repaid to the Customer may, at CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd’s discretion, attract interest at an amount determined by CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd.
- The Customer shall not assign, transfer, sub-contract, delegate or otherwise deal with all or any of its rights under the Contract.
- CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd shall have the right to assign or otherwise transfer, subcontract, delegate all or any of its rights and obligations hereunder to an Associated Company or other person.
- FORCE MAJEURE
Neither CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or the Customer shall be liable to the other for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party’s reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, inclement weather, failure or shortage of power supply, flood, drought, lightning or fire, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, the act or omission of Government. highway authorities, public telecommunication operators or other competent authority, war, military operations, or riot, difficulty, delay or failure in manufacture, production or supply by third parties of the Services or any part thereof.
- NO WAIVER
Failure by either CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd or the Customer to exercise or enforce any right conferred by this Contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
- ENTIRE CONTRACT
The Contract represents the entire understanding between the parties in relation to the subject matter of the Contract and supersedes all other agreements and representations made by either party, whether oral or written.
- SERVICE OF NOTICE
- All notice to CONCEPT DATA SOLUTIONS Ltd herein provided shall be sent by the Customer in writing by 1st Class Recorded Delivery post and the Customer must retain the relevant receipt as proof.
- Reference to any statute or statutory provision includes a reference to that statute or statutory provision us from time to time amended, extended or re-enacted, with or without amendment.
- Unless there is something inconsistent in the subject or contest, words denoting the singular number only include the plural and vice versa; words denoting one gender only include the other genders.
- Unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to a Condition is to a condition of the Contract.
- The headings in the Contract are inserted for convenience only and do not affect its interpretation.
- If any provision of the Contract is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if the Contract had been entered into with the invalid provision eliminated.
- A person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third parties) ACT 1999 to enforce any provisions of this Contract.
- GOVERNING LAW
The Contract shall be governed, construed and interpreted is accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim, matter or dispute arising out of or relating to the Contract or any document entered into pursuant to the Contract.